What are public waters?
- The public waters are the seas, seashores, rivers, lakes, ditches and other water surfaces or water flows that ares owned by government.
- A “sea” is the area between the coastline and the outer boundary of Exclusive Economic Zone under the provisions of the Exclusive Economic Zone Act.
- A “seashore” is the area between the coastline the region registered in the public cadastral register.
Purpose of Managing Public Waters
- To establish clean and comfortable marine environment by systematic and efficient management of public waters
- To enhance public interest and improve the life of the people by preserving and reclaiming the waters eco-friendlily and utilizing the reclaimed area more efficiently so that the public waters can be continuously utilized
- “Public Waters management and Reclamation Act”